Have you experienced this?
When you plug-in your pen drive into a virus affected computer the files will sometimes change to shortcuts.
I experienced this many times. I had important files in my pen-drive. But when all were changed to shortcuts I could do nothing. I simply formatted my pen-drive. Because there were many malwares in the pen drive.
After experiencing this many times I had to find a solution. After I finally found the solution. I would like to share that here.
The aim of this article is to create a BAT file which can be opened to recover the files or folders from the shortcuts. If we do so we can always have that file in our pen drives so that it will be very easy to recover files.
The steps are given below.
· Open the notepad.
· Copy and paste the below code.
attrib -h -s /D /s
rmdir /S RECYCLER
· Save the file with .bat extension. For example “remove_virus.bat “. (You should choose ‘all files’ in the file type)
· Copy the file into your virus affected pen drive.
· Open it. Command Prompt will open.
· It will automatically recover the files and folders. Then it will display some confirmation message. That is to delete the shortcuts. Type Y (that is for Yes) to delete those shortcuts.
· That is all. Your contents are recovered.
Note: Only file will be recovered. Not viruses are removed. You need to scan for viruses.