Blogger native comment system has fewer features. One can comment using Google, Wordpress, LiveJournal, TypePad, AIM and Open IDs. Even users can comment anonymously. We can activate threading comment. But the comments will look like a normal text. We need to code more in the template to change the look and feel of the comments and to add some effects.
In Wordpress there are many plug-ins available to extend the native comment system. For Blogger platform we need to replace the native comment system using a free commenting system available in internet and extend the features of the commenting system.
A website commenting system or comment plug-in is useful to extend the native comment system or replace it with a great comment system. There are three important free commenting systems are available to replace the Blogger native comment system and engage users to get more traffic. So we can turn our blog into a community. These comments can also be used in websites too.
You may take backup of your blog and restore the comments while replacing the native comment system.
It is the most popular commenting system and it has great features. They are,
- Easy to install.
- Commenting option using the social profiles Facebook, Twitter, Google, Yahoo, OpenID and Disqus.
- Users can comment as Guest.
- Anti-spam options. Even we can block someone to comment, if they use some sensitive words or spam comments.
- Users can add videos and images in their comments.
- User can follow the participation via email.
- The comments are smart phone compatible too.
- Users can like or dislike comments and this will increase the active participation of the user.
- Users can rate and share comments.
- Threaded commenting option.
- Manage comments easily in the moderator dashboard.
- We can export all the comments as a backup and if we migrate to another commenting system we use this backup to restore the comments.
- Real time analytics of comments.
- Disqus has high SEO features.
- Multiple moderators can manage and moderate comments.
- Another great feature is we can earn money by showing some ads along with the comments.
- Also we can show related post and increase the traffic.
The only disadvantage is that Disqus loads very slowly. This may frustrate users when they use slow internet connection.
- The comments load really fast.
- You will get notification via email when someone posts comments.
- Users can comment using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, OpenID and LiveFyre accounts.
- The conversation happens on Facebook and Twitter about your topics will be automatically synced.
- Users can tag friends in comments.
- Sharing and liking comment option will drive more traffic to your post.
- The comment system is smart phone compatible.
- We can block users who post spam comments.
- Multiple moderators can manage comments.
- Users can comment using Rich Text Editor.
- Also they can add images and videos in the comments.
- They can follow a conversation and get notifications.
- Comment editing feature.
- Comments can be tagged by users. So, they may tag a comment as spam and you may consider their suggestions and delete the comment.
- Users can link to their blog easily in the comments.
- Real time analytics and reports about user comments.
This commenting system does not allow guest comments.
- Threaded comment option.
- Users can comment using Facebook, Twitter, OpenID and Intense Debate account. They can also comment as guest.
- Reply to comments via email.
- Email Notification feature.
- There are widgets available to display the comment status, most recent comments and most popular comments.
- We can add polls to comments.
- More than one moderator can manage comments.
- Users can post and read comments using RSS reader.
- Comment voting option available.
- We may approve only quality comments. Quality comments can identified by the reputation of the users.
- HTML formatting is available to comment using some HTML formatting tags.
What are the disadvantages of using these commenting on Blogger blogs?
- Comments may load slowly.
- Sometimes user wouldn’t prefer these commenting systems to comment.
- Even though these commenting systems support exporting of comments, Blogger does not support importing of comments. This is the main problem. If the commenting system you use stops their service, you will lose your blog comments.
Never Miss Any Updates, Get Updates Via Mail:
Subscribe! By Submitting your email address: